Whatever you are doing, stop right now and take a minute to look over these hauntingly gorgeous photos by Ashley Rae Photography. There seems to be a dark yet stunning wedding mood conjured up from these photos that have us spellbound. Even if spooky isn’t your thing, there is no denying the baroque romance emanating from these pictures. But it’s not just the ghostly scene that makes our jaws drop – we also love what this Halloween photoshoot can teach us about how to design the perfect wedding inspiration. We are sharing the 10 Halloween trends to borrow for your wedding.
Up first, five trends from this stunning Halloween shoot, be sure to check back on Halloween for the other 5!
10 Halloween Trends to Borrow for your Wedding
1. Be Bold. No longer do weddings have to follow a set pattern or expectation. You can glam up your special day and go all out. With a wide variety of vendors and rentals, the only limit is your imagination.
2. Mix Dark Colors With White. Let’s face it: white looks good with pretty much everything. Use this to your advantage, and soften your darker or moodier palette with a shade of white to give it a more sophisticated look. The florals are a great example of this.
3. Yes, You Can Wear Black. “Brides who are willing to be bold and looking to make a statement can pull off a black wedding dress,” said Wedding.com CEO Brett Reynolds in an interview with Daily Mail. Just look at celebrity brides Avril Lavigne and Shenae Grimes for inspiration (and of course, this bridal wraith).
4. Velvet Is In. Oooh how we love the skeleton groom’s saucy, deep-mulberry colored jacket. In low lighting, it looks almost black. But this soft fabric shows its true colors and makes us adamant about incorporating it into future styles. Think: sashes, table runners, and even bouquet ties made of velvet.
5. So Is Marble. Look at how elaborate and elegant these weddings invites are. The marble trend is in, and can be easily customized according to your wedding palette. We advise decking out all your stationery in marble so that your guests will want to proudly hang them on their refrigerators.
Photography: Ryann Lindsey Photography | Event Coordinator: J Petite | Florals: The Wildflower AZ | Cake: Sift Bakehouse AZ | Dress: Rent the Runway | Jewelry: Shane Co. | Makeup: Pucker Up Style | Hair: Ana Karen Hair | Invitations: Shotgunning for Love | Calligraphy for Menu: SecretDoorShoppe | Venue: Scorpion Gulch | Models: J Petite & Justin Vanderpoel